Electronic MINOX flash - DIY

Michael Fowler

I have created a electronic flash from a Funsaver disposable camera for my MINOX B

Terry Martin

Mike,
I'm listening and waiting for details...
That's a black B - were they hard to find?
Regards/73
Terry

--
Terrence (Terry) Martin
Registered Patent Attorney

"The large print giveth, the small print taketh away"

Joe Mcgloin

If you can provide a write-up/description, I can add it to this page in the CREATIVE CORNER of the SUBCLUB -- or provide a link to your webpage:

I have created a electronic flash from a Funsaver disposable camera for my MINOX B

Terry Martin

Hi All,
I found this schematic for the Kodak Funsaver flash.
Regards/73
Terry

http://submini.mwbrooks.com/flash.html

I have created a electronic flash from a Funsaver disposable camera for my
MINOX B

--
Terrence (Terry) Martin
Registered Patent Attorney
WD4AON@gmail.com

"The large print giveth, the small print taketh away"

Murray Kelly

Thanks for that Terry, I bought a disposable camera with the intent to try and fit the guts of it into the Minox flash that takes tiny bulbs and has a fan as a reflector. I am encouraged to try now. Won't be room for a AAA but LR44s are cheap if you buy a card of them.
The other thing was I wanted to see if it was true that the spool was adaptable to fit an Agfa Silette. I put it in a 'safe place'

73 Murray VK4AOK

Michael Fowler

The challenge with using an original minox flash blub or cube style flash is getting the capacitor in the case. It just wont fit with the capacitor/transformers etc. You might be able to fit it all in a plug in type battey package and tether it like the older MINOX electronic flash. Most people say it was tethered to a battery pack. But I think there was more in the accesory box than batteries.

Sincerely,
Michael Fowler, CMI
Owner
mikef@...
Request a home inspection HERE
541.821.1225

Thanks for that Terry, I bought a disposable camera with the intent to try and fit the guts of it into the Minox flash that takes tiny bulbs and has a fan as a reflector. I am encouraged to try now. Won't be room for a AAA but LR44s are cheap if you buy a card of them.
The other thing was I wanted to see if it was true that the spool was adaptable to fit an Agfa Silette. I put it in a 'safe place'

73 Murray VK4AOK

Terry Martin

Murray, I know about those "safe places".  They're called 'senior moments' for people with too much storage space.
Regards/73,
Terry

On Thursday, April 29, 2021, Murray Kelly <kelly@...> wrote:
Thanks for that Terry, I bought a disposable camera with the intent to try and fit the guts of it into the Minox flash that takes tiny bulbs and has a fan as a reflector. I am encouraged to try now. Won't be room for a AAA but LR44s are cheap if you buy a card of them.
The other thing was I wanted to see if it was true that the spool was adaptable to fit an Agfa Silette. I put it in a 'safe place'

73 Murray VK4AOK

--
Terrence (Terry) Martin
Registered Patent Attorney
WD4AON@...

"The large print giveth, the small print taketh away"

Murray Kelly

Terry, Stephen Hawkins explained it all.

He named them Black Holes. Nothing ever comes out.

Terry Martin

Murray,
That explains EVERYTHING!
Regards/73
Terry

On 4/30/21, Murray Kelly <kelly@kellymed.com.au> wrote:
Terry, Stephen Hawkins explained it all.

He named them Black Holes. Nothing ever comes out.

--
Terrence (Terry) Martin
Registered Patent Attorney
WD4AON@gmail.com

"The large print giveth, the small print taketh away"

Terry Martin

Murray,
How'd this go? Or is it still a 'round2it?
Regards/73
Terry

Murray Kelly

Afraid it's low on my list, Terry