Are you ready for IR? Leica M8 M8.2 720 nm filter and 110 reel on ebay

Mark Kronquist

works beautifully in a camera that was too sensitive to IR when issued   cheap too the TTA 35 1.4 beautiful IR combo my pix on FB open to all Mark Kronquist

and there is a 110 SS reel on flea bay now

On May 7, 2021, at 11:01 AM, Joe Mcgloin via groups.io <xkaes@...> wrote:

I was under the (mistaken?) impression that most digital cameras are basically worthless for IR photography because they have built-in filters to remove IR light -- and while that filter can be removed, you better know what you're doing -- and the camera can only be used for IR work after removal.

Ronald P

I did some submini IR photography 20 years ago when I lived in London.  I cut Kodak Aerochrome down to 16mm and Minox size and processed with an E6 kit.  I'll dig the negatives up to share later.  These days I use a digital camera that's been converted to "full spectrum" by removing the ir hot filter. I recently got 10 m of Astrum Foto 100 (roll film) which has extended sensitivity in the IR.  I shot a few frames with a red filter over my Kodak Reflex camera lens and achieved some nice white vegetation, but I need to experiment more.  In the meantime, here are a couple full spectrum photos: